Welcome to See You At The Square!

"See You At The Square" was created for the sole purpose of praying for Revival in your town square.



At noon, Monday through Friday, we are asking that you will take the time to pray for your city, state, and country.

Monday, October 24, 2011

You Are My God

Psalm 63: 1-5
O God, you are my God; I earnestly search for you.  My soul thirsts for you; my whole body longs for you in this parched and weary land where there is no water. I have seen you in your sanctuary and gazed upon your power and glory. Your unfailing love is better than life itself; how I praise you!  I will praise you as long as I live, lifting up my hands to you in prayer. You satisfy me more than the richest feast.  I will praise you with songs of joy.

In the 80’s and 90’s, there was a Christian songwriter named Rich Mullins.  He played with Michael W. Smith and Amy Grant, and several others over the years.  His music has been played by some of the biggest Christian artists in the industry.  He made such an impact through his music and his faith, but in 1997 he was tragically killed in a car accident.  The year he died he wrote many songs that hadn’t been recorded yet.  Some of his fellow music colleagues decided to take these songs and record them.  One of the songs on the album was called “My Deliverer,” which won song of the year in 1999. One of his most famous songs is called “Step by Step.”  This song came straight from Psalm 63.  The first verse says, “O God, you are my God, and I will ever praise you.”  It goes on to say, “I will seek you in the morning and I will learn to walk in your ways. And step by step you lead me, and I will follow you all of my days.”

Notice here that we don’t follow Jesus whenever it’s convenient for us.  Remember, Jesus was persecuted, spitted on, flogged, and died on a bloody cross for you and me.  When we get discouraged and frustrated with where we are in life that is not the time to give up and walk away.  The book of James in chapter one, verse one, says to count it as pure joy whenever you face trials and tribulations of many kinds.  Why? Because this will help develop and mature you as a Christian.  God wants you to run with endurance and persevere as we walk with Him.  We have to daily pick up our cross and die to our self and follow Him. 

This scripture is a perfect example of how we should live out our lives for Christ.  God’s love is never going to fail us nor forsake us.  Are you earnestly seeking after God today? Is your soul thirsting after Him?  We should be praising God everyday for what He has done for us on the cross. Take time today to thank God for his unfailing love for you.  Listen to some Christian music today and tell Jesus how grateful you are for what he has done in your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment