Welcome to See You At The Square!

"See You At The Square" was created for the sole purpose of praying for Revival in your town square.



At noon, Monday through Friday, we are asking that you will take the time to pray for your city, state, and country.

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Persistent Faith

Mark 5:30-31
30 Jesus realized at once that healing power had gone out from him, so he turned around in the crowd and asked, “Who touched my robe?” 31 His disciples said to him, “Look at this crowd pressing around you. How can you ask, ‘Who touched me?”

The woman found in this scripture was considered unclean. She had been bleeding internally and it was considered wrong to touch anyone that was around her. She thought that if she could just touch the robe of Jesus she would be healed.

Jesus’ response was interesting. He simply asked the question, “Who touched my robe?” The thing was, many people were brushing against his robe, but only one person wanted to be healed. Only one was person showed the kind of faith it took to be healed. Sometimes, we have to not doubt and be persistent with our faith.

This woman didn’t just sit around and wait for Jesus to come to her. She probably had to overcome many obstacles to get to Jesus. What is interesting is, Jesus healed this woman, but later in chapter seven of Mark, he told the Pharisees what makes a person unclean is not what you eat or your appearance, but rather what comes out of a person is what makes them unclean. Jesus saw this woman’s faith and healed her body because she believed. We have to go to God with the same kind of faith if we want God to do something in our lives.

Dear Jesus, help me to have more faith. Help me to believe that you can change my circumstances. I trust that you have my best interest at heart and I fully give you control of my life. Thank you for loving and providing for me. In Jesus’ name, Amen!

1 comment: