Welcome to See You At The Square!

"See You At The Square" was created for the sole purpose of praying for Revival in your town square.



At noon, Monday through Friday, we are asking that you will take the time to pray for your city, state, and country.

Thursday, March 1, 2012

Pray Without Ceasing

Mark 9:21-24
21 “How long has this been happening?” Jesus asked the boy’s father. He replied, “Since he was a little boy. 22 The spirit often throws him into the fire or into water, trying to kill him. Have mercy on us and help us, if you can.” 23 “What do you mean, ‘If I can’?” Jesus asked. “Anything is possible if a person believes.” 24 The father instantly cried out, “I do believe, but help me overcome my unbelief!”

I hear many people pray with these words; “Lord if it is in your will let it be done.” I think when we pray this way we show doubt. Instead, we should pray; “Lord, I know and believe you can change this situation.  I’m praying with faith that you will answer my request." This shows God we believe anything is possible with him. 

The Bible says we should pray without ceasing. There will be times when prayer will be the only answer. When the disciples tried to cast out a demon from a demon-possessed man they couldn’t. They asked Jesus why they couldn’t and he told them that he could only be healed through prayer. This shows our need for God to intercede. If God gave us the power to heal like he did, many of us would become prideful and boast at what we can do and stop thanking God for giving us the gift of healing.

Jesus knows exactly what is going on in our lives. Whether you need healing from a disease, a struggling marriage, a bad financial situation, or anything else, we have to rely on God with faith and believe that he will come through for us. Jesus said in Matthew 7:7-8, “Keep on asking, and you will receive what you ask for. Keep on seeking, and you will find. Keep on knocking, and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who seeks, finds. And to everyone who knocks, the door will be opened.” So continue to pray, ask, seek, and knock until God reveals his plan for you. Don’t give up! Keep believing!

Dear Jesus, I believe you are the Son of God. I have faith that you will work things out for my good. I pray for perseverance and endurance to pray without ceasing! In Jesus’ name, Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment