Welcome to See You At The Square!

"See You At The Square" was created for the sole purpose of praying for Revival in your town square.



At noon, Monday through Friday, we are asking that you will take the time to pray for your city, state, and country.

Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Think Before Speaking


John 17:22-24
22 “I have given them the glory you gave me, so they may be one as we are one. 23 I am in them and you are in me. May they experience such perfect unity that the world will know that you sent me and that you love them as much as you love me. 24 Father, I want these whom you have given me to be with me where I am. Then they can see all the glory you gave me because you loved me even before the world began!

Sin in the church can ruin relationships. One of the biggest problems the Christian church deals with today is gossip. Yes, there I said it! Gossip will destroy lives, ruin friendships and make enemies out of people. If we learn to keep our mouth shut sometimes and think before speaking, there’s no doubt that our churches would be better off.

This scripture is about Jesus’ last recorded prayer before he would stand trial and be sentenced to death on a cross. Interestingly, Jesus prayed for the unity of his disciples. He could of prayed for anything, especially that he wouldn’t have to go through so much pain and suffering on our behalf, but instead, he prayed for others. Ultimately, he prayed for his best friends here on earth to accomplish the difficult task of spreading the “good news.”

Jesus cares so much about our unity. That’s why he prayed this prayer. He wants all of his children to be unified and care and love others. If we are too busy gossiping and spreading vicious lies and rumors about each other, than we are doing the complete opposite of what Christ wants us to do. Today, make a point to get right with those that might have done you wrong in the past and love and pray for them anyways. Do everything you can to make peace with God and others today.

Dear Jesus, help me to stay unified with your Holy Spirit and with others. Give me discernment and wisdom to act right and do what is pleasing to your heart. Thank you for praying for me before I even existed and giving me a hope and a future. In Jesus’ name, Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment