Welcome to See You At The Square!

"See You At The Square" was created for the sole purpose of praying for Revival in your town square.



At noon, Monday through Friday, we are asking that you will take the time to pray for your city, state, and country.

Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Ultimate Sacrifice


John 15:16-17
16 You didn’t choose me. I chose you. I appointed you to go and produce lasting fruit, so that the Father will give you whatever you ask for, using my name. 17 This is my command: Love each other.

In chapters 14, 15, and 16 of the book of John, Jesus is speaking to his disciples and explaining about the things to come. The disciples were having difficulty understanding Jesus’ figurative speech. It wasn’t until the end of chapter 16 that they finally understood what Jesus meant.

Jesus several times said things that the disciples had difficulty understanding. It would seem that Jesus should have given up on these men and moved on to more educated, even considered more spiritual people like the Pharisees right? Interestingly, Jesus didn’t stop teaching and showing them the way. He continued to guide and direct them with patience and love. What we should realize from Jesus’ relationship with his disciples is this: Jesus was showing us that it’s ok to not have it all together. It’s ok if we don’t have it all figured out. Why?

Jesus went after those that people considered either hopeless or hated by the community. How’s that for shocking? But Jesus didn’t give up on them and he will not give up on you. Jesus showed frustration at times with his disciples, but he still befriended them and loved them. Not only that, he died for them and for us too. So even if you don’t have it all figured out yet or you don’t know where you’re going next in life, remember that Jesus laid his life down for you and knows all about your situation. He paid the ultimate sacrifice for your soul and loves you unconditionally.

Dear Jesus, thank you for your sacrifice for my soul. I ask that you guide my life today and give me peace that is only found in you. Let your Holy Spirit reveal what I need to do today and purify any iniquities that I may have caused against you. In Jesus’ name, Amen!

1 comment:

  1. I love that he chose us and that he commanded us to love one another!
    Our world would be a better place if we all followed that one commandment!

    ReplyDelete