Welcome to See You At The Square!

"See You At The Square" was created for the sole purpose of praying for Revival in your town square.



At noon, Monday through Friday, we are asking that you will take the time to pray for your city, state, and country.

Wednesday, March 14, 2012

A Life Of Conviction

John 14:9-11
 9 Jesus replied, “Have I been with you all this time, Philip, and yet you still don’t know who I am? Anyone who has seen me has seen the Father! So why are you asking me to show him to you? 10 Don’t you believe that I am in the Father and the Father is in me? The words I speak are not my own, but my Father who lives in me does his work through me. 11 Just believe that I am in the Father and the Father is in me. Or at least believe because of the work you have seen me do.

John 14:1-14, is a great reminder of who we are in Christ. Jesus was telling his disciples that his Father lived in him and he was in the Father. Jesus also said that we can ask anything in his name and he will do it! He just simply wants us to believe that he can do what he says he can do.  

People that doubt all the time are being foolish. The Bible is clear to not doubt. Doubting your beliefs and convictions can not help you grow as a mature follower of Jesus Christ. You have to stand firm on your beliefs and convictions no matter what. People want to water down the gospel so they can make people feel good, but Jesus definitely didn’t make people feel good all the time with his sermons.

Jesus offended many with his teachings and many of his disciples left in droves. Only the eleven disciples stayed faithful to him through the rest of their lives. Judas Iscariot, the twelfth disciple, obviously didn’t stay faithful to him because he was the one that betrayed Jesus. So the question we should ask ourselves is this; are we going to be faithful to Jesus to the end of our lives or are we going to betray him?


Even the demons believe in Jesus and tremble at his name. They were in heaven at a time and worshiped him, but many of them betrayed Jesus and were cast down out of heaven. If you want to live for Jesus, you have to live a lifestyle of constant dying to yourself and living out God’s will for your life. If not, pride can set in and can destroy your relationship with Christ.  

Dear Jesus, help me to stay firm with my beliefs and convictions no matter what. Help me to live out your will for my life without fear. Give me the boldness and the strength to live out a life of faith to the end of my life here on earth. In Jesus’ name, Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment