Welcome to See You At The Square!

"See You At The Square" was created for the sole purpose of praying for Revival in your town square.



At noon, Monday through Friday, we are asking that you will take the time to pray for your city, state, and country.

Saturday, March 10, 2012

Joy Of Our Salvation

Luke 22:19-20
19 He took some bread and gave thanks to God for it. Then he broke it in pieces and gave it to the disciples, saying, “This is my body, which is given for you. Do this to remember me.” 20 After supper he took another cup of wine and said, “This cup is the new covenant between God and his people—an agreement confirmed with my blood, which is poured out as a sacrifice for you.

Jesus was preparing to have the Last Supper with his disciples before he would be crucified. This is one of the ordinances that Christ gave the church to do in remembrance of him. Every time we take the Lord’s Supper, we should examine our hearts and make sure we have made things right with our Savior.

I remember at a young age when I couldn’t take of the Lord’s Supper. I was only 6 or 7 at the time, but it made me wonder why. When I was 8, I can remember sitting down in my father’s bedroom and I can remember praying Jesus into my heart. At that moment, I realized I was going to heaven and spend eternity with Jesus. I hope everyone who gave their life to Christ can remember where they were saved.

The next time our church had the Lord’s Supper, I was able to participate. It brought great joy to my life knowing that I was now saved and was able to take the elements and honor my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ through the Lord’s Supper. I hope that whenever you take of the Lord’s Supper again that you will feel that same joy that came into your heart the very first time you gave your life to Christ.

Dear Jesus, thank you for dying in place for my sins. Thank you for allowing me to remember what you did for me by honoring you through The Lord’s Supper. Help me to remember what you did for me daily and continue to give me the joy of my salvation. In Jesus’ name, Amen!

1 comment:

  1. Such a wonderful memory of salvation. Thank you for being so faithful all these years to our Savior!

    ReplyDelete