Welcome to See You At The Square!

"See You At The Square" was created for the sole purpose of praying for Revival in your town square.



At noon, Monday through Friday, we are asking that you will take the time to pray for your city, state, and country.

Saturday, March 3, 2012

Spilling Over

Mark 14:3
3 Meanwhile, Jesus was in Bethany at the home of Simon, a man who had previously had leprosy. While he was eating, a woman came in with a beautiful alabaster jar of expensive perfume made from essence of nard. She broke open the jar and poured the perfume over his head.

Many of us have heard of the song “Alabaster Jar.” In one section of the song it says: “Like You spilled Your blood, I spill my heart; As an offering to my King.” What a significant message to portray to our King. This woman spilled out her heart to her Savior and the interesting part is, she was criticized for it by those that said they followed Jesus.

What we can learn from this is, we should be spilling out the overflow of our love for Jesus everywhere we go. If people criticize you for showing the love of Jesus to others, let them. Would you rather gain the whole world and sell your soul or would you rather stand for what you know is right and what will set people free?

Many people will criticize you for following Jesus. For me, I love to have the opportunity to share the gospel even if someone might not agree with me. The way we respond to them is probably the greatest testimony they’ll ever see if you respond to them with grace and kindness, not with pride and arrogance. People will see right through you if you’re not sincere about what you believe. Let God you use you as the overflow of His love and mercy today. Stand firm on your principles and follow Jesus all the way to the end.

Dear Jesus, thank you for allowing me to spill out my life for you. Help me to learn and walk in your ways so my life will be a reflection of your light and your glory. Help me to show kindness and mercy everywhere I go today. In Jesus’ name, Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment