Welcome to See You At The Square!

"See You At The Square" was created for the sole purpose of praying for Revival in your town square.



At noon, Monday through Friday, we are asking that you will take the time to pray for your city, state, and country.

Monday, January 9, 2012

Special Posession

Jeremiah 51:18-19
Idols are worthless; they are ridiculous lies! On the day of reckoning they will all be destroyed. But the God of Israel is no idol! He is the Creator of everything that exists, including his people, his own special possession. The Lord of Heaven’s Armies is his name!

Have you ever wanted or desired something so bad that you would do almost anything to get it? Maybe some of us want to be famous, maybe we want a new car or house, or maybe it’s to go on a luxurious vacation. None of things are wrong in a sense, but when they become more valuable to you than God they become idols.

If you’ve ever been on a mission trip to a foreign country, you would see the vast amount of needs all around the world. Two-thirds of the world doesn’t have the amount of wealth we do in America. I may not be considered rich by American standards, but to the rest of the world I am. Also, I consider myself to be rich in God. I use to think acquiring wealth would bring more security and happiness, but I soon realized how foolish that thinking was. I learned that wealth is not in materialistic things. Wealth can only come from God, but not the way we think it does.

We need to realize that God is the key to wisdom, wealth, knowledge, love, and so much more. God has made us as his own “special possession.” There isn’t anything that God has created that He doesn’t treasure more. He wants us to grow and mature in the faith. He wants us to be generous when we have extra. He wants us to be thankful at all times for His mercy, grace, and provision. The things we think are so important to have are so small compared to what God has for us when we pursue His righteousness. Remember, the things in life will pass away, but the things of God will last forever.  

1 comment:

  1. Amen brother. I want to thank you for this scripture and blog. I am not so much hooked up on material things but I can even say that I can make ministry an idol if I forget to go to the one that gave me the ministry to do. I have found myself in recent past so caught up in doing that I there was times I forgot the one that gave me to do. Be blessed brother. I am learning from your blogs!!!!

    ReplyDelete